Total Telecom | news | RSS Feed

Mobile phones on buses...

It's often amazed me what people will talk about, often at some volume, on their mobile phones in public places. I've listened with interest (usually because I've had little choice when the person sitting next to me decides the 20 minute journey from Angel to Highbury in London is far too long to sit in silence) to conversations about mortgage payments, failing relationships, work problems, problematic colleagues, and so on.

This morning I was treated to a conversation that appeared to be between two BT employees, although I could not ascertain that before I had to get off the bus. But the quote "BT has a policy of letting loose its contract workers immediately", a move that had clearly caused the caller some major problems with a service he and others have been "trying to launch since August" because none of the original implementors could now be found, certainly raised my interest.

The moral of this story is: be careful of what you say on public transport because you never know who might be sitting on the seat next to you. Roll on the days of mobile phones on the London Underground, eh...

No comments: