complete a survey about their company? It certainly isn't the Total Telecom incentive (for the record - there isn't one), but it almost certainly is driven by the thorny issue of engagement.
Across the web there are experts and commentators talking about employee engagement and how it is vital for employers, but fundamentally you can summerise this by saying the best places to work have the most engaged employees, and this is because these are companies that understand and try to foster attributes including, but not limited to:
- trying to understand what employees think and feel
- demonstrating appreciation of the effort put in (not just money!)
- great communication
- commitment to employee development
So in a world where up to 40% of employees are disengaged (BlessingWhite Research 2013) it makes sense for you to be one of the companies recognised as being a great place to work.
Encourage your employees to complete the Best Place to Work Survey
The winner will be revealed in front of an audience of 600 of the most senior executives in the telecom industry at the 15th annual World Communication Awards, in London on the 3 December 2013. To book your seats visit www.worldcommsawards.com
MORE ON BEING A GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
- Forbes: How the Best Places to Work are Nailing Employee Engagement
- People Matters: What does it take to be a best place to work
- Harvard Business Review: The Twelve Attributes of a Truly Great Place to Work