It is not that telecom operators have lost interest in getting more out of their existing copper infrastructure, but rather that the debate has moved on. Today the discussion is how copper, fibre and other technologies can cohabit to fulfil the ultimate aim of providing gigabit access.
Gigabit Access will encompass the enhancement of legacy copper networks, but will also look at the opportunities provided by other next generation access technologies, primarily fibre, to provide the consumer with efficient, reliable and cost effective gigabit access.
In keeping with the Total Telecom ethos of covering the business of telecoms, Gigabit Access will not be a highly technical conference, but instead will be the opportunity for those tasked with monetising superfast broadband access to come together to explore strategies, meet potential partners and learn from global best practice.
Gigabit Access will be a strategic two day conference attracting more than 200 of the most senior and strategic executives in the field to learn, share and network.
BOOK YOUR PLACE AT GIGABIT ACCESS
- Anna Krzyzanowska, Head of Unit Broadband, European Commission
- Geert Standaert, CTO, Proximus
- Oliver Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, Point Topic
- Paul Callan, Head of Access Network Strategy, Eir
- Raf Meersman, Chief Executive Officer, Comsof
- Krzysztof Kozłowski, Director, Orange Labs, Director, Network and Service Platforms, Orange Polska
- Matjaz Pogacnik, Director of Access Networks, Telekom Slovenije
- Alexandre Fonseca, Executive Manager, Altice Labs and CTO, Portugal Telecom
- Micha Berger, CTO, Telenet Group
- Rupert Wood, Research Director, Analysys Mason
- Carlo Filangieri, SVP Open Access, Telecom Italia
- Frank Hellemink, Chief Technology Officer, Vodafone Kabel Deutschland Gmbh
- Steve Haines, Group Managing Director, BT
- Konstantinos Chalkiotis, VP Mobile Access, Deutsche Telekom
- Hans Witdouck, CEO, Eurofiber Belgium
- David Cullen, Director - Regulation and Policy, ITS Technology Group
- Dana Tobak, CEO, Hyperoptic
- Staffan Ingvarsson, CEO, Stokab
Visit totaltele.com/access to book