Those making the list have been compiled through nomination from the industry and the careful deliberations of WCA judges and Total Telecom editors, so here's the list and a recent editorial reference:
- AT&T - Randall L. Stephenson. The winner in 2011 leads the worlds largest telco by revenue, amongst the success stories this year we covered the ACQUISITION of Leap Wireless
- EE - Olaf Swantee. The story at EE has been one of the UK's first 4G network, and despite some doubters, it looks like Oalf has lead them to meet or beat target for LTE SUBSCRIBERS.
- Globe Telecom, Inc. - Ernest L. Cu. The Philippines might be a long way from London, but Globe seeks to serve it's customers on a global basis and in July announced the launch of an MVNO
- Gulf Bridge International - Ahmed Mekky. This Middle East companies FIBRE OPTIC CONNECTIVITY is enabling some exciting new partnerships, opening up markets such as Iraq.
- Ooredoo - Dr. Nasser Marafih. This years rebrand no doubt helped the Qatari telco push PROFITS up 44%
- SK Telecom - Sung Min Ha. The South Korean operator has achieved great success with LTE-A and LTE ROLLOUT and told Total Telecom all about their plans and strategy.
- Smart Communications, Inc. - Napoleon L. Nazareno. More activity from the Philippines, this time with a massive FIBRE ROLLOUT delivered 6-months ahead of schedule.
- Softbank - Masayoshi Son. Rarely out of the news this year, one of the highlights from Softbank was a doubling of quarterly NET PROFIT
- Telekom Austria - Hannes Ametsreiter. Calls for a truly SINGLE EUROPEAN MARKET have abounded this year with Hannes being one of the loudest
- Telenor - Jon Fredrik Baksaas. More strong PROFIT PERFORMANCE with the Norwegian operator seeing strength from the East
- Verizon - Lowell C. McAdam. Verizon outperformed the competition and deliver OUTSTANDING SUBSCRIBER GROWTH of 941,000 postpaid subscribers
- Vodafone - Vittorio Colao. And last but not least, last years winner has delivered another strong performance. We will wait to see what develops after they launch their 4G offering in the UK
12 outstanding CEO's, but only one can be named CEO of the Year - it's in your hands. VOTE NOW